Recipe by One Little Deer
This is a fresh salad I like to throw together. Chop all into similar bite sized pieces so the salad will look nicer. You can also lay this over a bed of lettuce of your choice.
For the dressing
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, aka cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 (10 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced crosswise
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 ripe avocados (or 1 large)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Make vinaigrette:.
- In a blender purée garlic and coriander with lime juice, mustard, sugar, and salt. With motor running add oil in a stream, blending until dressing is emulsified.
- Make salad:.
- Cut all into 3/4-inch cubes and in a large bowl with a rubber spatula gently toss with vinaigrette until combined well.