Recipe by rpgaymer
This is loosely adapted from the back of a Heart Smart Bisquick box. Regular Bisquick may work, but I've never tried it. It's low-cal and healthy, and can be tweaked significantly to suit your palate. I've changed this around to make Chicago-style pizza and buffalo chicken pizza, so it's a very versatile recipe!
Top Review by Annacia
This turned out very nice indeed and it's a lot faster than making a traditional crust. I had some pizza blend cheese in the fridge and used that. Used all the veggies ask for and added some crumbled veggie sausage. This is a recipe that I'll likely do again and again.
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, well-drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together Bisquick mix, egg whites, water, and half of the garlic salt. Spread the batter into a sprayed 8"x8" pan or casserole dish.
- Cook bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in a pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, seasoning, red pepper flakes and rest of garlic salt, and heat until hot.
- Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture over the batter in pan, then sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.