1/1 Photo of Heart Shaped Chocolate & Cherries & Cream Cake
Every year I pick a cake to make for Valentine's Day, this one is from Taste Of Home and is beautiful. Cake is baked in two 9 inch heart shaped pans, I found them in regular pans and disposable tin pans. My cake took longer to cook about 30 minutes. Also this is a very sweet cake. I used two cans of cherry pie filling (not all of both) and for the topping on top I tried to just get the cherries with just a little of the juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened no substitutions
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- 5Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 6Then beat in water and oil until smooth.
- 7Pour into two greased and floured 9 inch heart shaped baking pans.
- 8You can also line the pans with parchment paper and grease and flour that as well.
- 9Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center of cakes comes out clean.
- 10Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 11In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- 12Beat in cream and extract.
- 13Place one cake on serving dish; spread with half of cream cheese mixture.
- 14Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 15Top with 1 cup pie filling and second cake; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- 16Make a heart shape indentation in center of cake (can use a knife to trace a heart shape); fill with remaining pie filling.
- 17Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Shaped Chocolate & Cherries & Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.2
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g