1/5 Photos of Heart Healthy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
I can say this is heart healthy because I found this recipe in the American Heart Associations Healthy Recipes booklet. I love the taste of this pudding! The first time I tried to make rice pudding when I was a teen it came out looking like a form of cement - needless to say I've improved and this recipe is now a favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, stir together the 2 1/2 cups milk and the rice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2Reduce heat to medium high and boil for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in the other 1 cup of milk, the cinnamon stick, sugar and lemon zest.
- 4Increase the heat to high and return to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium high and boil for 4-5 minutes or until creamy and soupy.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Stir in the vanilla and let the mixture stand for 30 minutes to thicken somewhat.
- 8Before serving, remove the cinnamon stick. Sprinkle the individual dishes of pudding with ground cinnamon to your tastes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Healthy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g