My garden has gone crazy with zucchini, this is one of the recipes I made to use up some of it. A great healthy muffin without all the sugar and oil.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded & drained
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In bowl, mix together first 9 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.