JoAnn Rachor's Note:
Waffles without oil or sugar and my husband likes them. Original recipe from drweil.com which says it is from The Healthy Kitchen - Recipes for a Better Body, Life and Spirit by Andrew Weil, MD and Rosie Daley (Knopf).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate eggs.
- 2Beat the whites until stiff.
- 3Mix egg yolks, orange juice and vanilla until frothy.
- 4Add milk and stir a couple of times.
- 5Mix dry ingredients together and add slowly to liquids mixing until there are no lumps.
- 6Fold the egg whites.
- 7Server with fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, applesauce) and vanilla yogurt.
- 8If you must use syrup remember that the orange juice provides sweetener.
- 9Can be used to make pancakes too.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 262.2 mg
- Sodium 461.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.0 g