photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- cook bacon until crisp, drain and crumble.
- plug in electric waffle iron to preheat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl,whisk together to blend.
- Pour milk in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute at full power to heat slightly. Pour into medium bowl, whisk in melted butter and eggs. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, whisking just until blended.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray. Spread about 1/3 cup batter over each iron and sprinkle 1/8 of bacon on top. Close wafle iron and cook until done. Repeat with remaining batter and bacon.
- Serve with warm syrup.
This sounds very good. When I was a kid, my mother used to make waffles with whole strips of bacon in them. The thing I never understood was why this woman who had so carefully taught me to make bacon crisp without burning it would put raw bacon on the batter. The waffles were done long before the bacon could have been. This may have been the only thing she made that I didn't love. LOL!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live here in the north florida area. I have a wonderful husband , 3 children, 1 cat and 2 dogs.. whatta houseful. My best friend in the whole wide world introduced me to this site and her name on here is ang11002. Shes a really good cook and has some wonderful recipes. She is one of the best things that has ever come into my life and I love her. My favorite chefs on Food Network are Alton Brown, Giata, and Rachel Ray. I love cooking, and I am looking for new ideas. Im getting tired of eating the same ole stuff. My favorite cookbook is any one of Rachel Rays. Anyone with some good ideas please let me know.