Recipe by Crazycook in PA
This is a healthy grain bread made with quinoa, oatmeal and flaxseed. It is moist and has alot of flavor. It is especially good toasted.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten (optional)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the oatmeal in the 1/4 cup water and milk. Let cool.
- Cook the quinoa in the 2 cups water until all the water is absorbed. Let cool.
- Place everything except the egg and sesame seeds in your bread machine in the order as suggested by the manufacturer.
- Knead on the "dough" cycle.
- You may have to add a little more flour, if too sticky.
- Turn onto floured board and punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into a large circle and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with Pam and let rise for approximately 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Remove plastic wrap and brush top with egg white and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.