Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I threw this together this morning. It turned out yummy. Lots of good for you stuff in there too. Flax is good for the heart. Oat bran has fiber. Nutritional yeast has vit. B, iron and protein. Feel free to adjust to your needs.
- 6 -8 ounces apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2-1 frozen banana, cut in chunks (or see tip below)
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 tablespoon lemonade mix (rounded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in blender in order listed and blend to desired consistency.
- Tip: If you mash ripe bananas and put in an ice cube tray to freeze, you'll have easy access to frozen bananas. After freezing, place cubes in a freezer bag. Use 4-5 cubes for 1/2 a frozen banana.