Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have adapted this recipe from #120465 and made it healthier.
- 295.73 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml wheat bran
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 12-15 muffin cups with liners.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
GREAT muffins. I only had 1 banana, so I used 1/2 cup of applesauce to compensate. The muffin size is quite generous. I will be making these again, as I have a large bag of coconut to use up, and these muffins were such a hit! Thanks!