Recipe by Robb Dabbs
I've been experimenting with recipes for a diabetic friend. This pie is delicious, sugar-free and cholesterol-free. I really can't tell the difference! Enjoy,Robb in Cleveland Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin, 1 1-Pound Can
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup sugar substitute, Splenda
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pastry: Mix flour and salt together in medium mixing bowl.
- Measure oil.
- Add milk to oil but do not stir.
- Add liquid all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with fork until well-mixed.
- Press dough into smooth ball.
- Roll between sheets of waxed paper and fit into pie plate, or press pastry into pie plate with fingers.
- Set aside. Filling: In large mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, salt, spices and sugar substitute until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg substitute and whisk together.
- Add evaporated milk in three increments, whisking thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake about 45 minutes longer, until metal knife inserted near center comes out clean.