Easy, Light, Best Butter Pecan Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This cake is easy to make and it turns out so light that you really can't tell you've eaten dessert.....never leaves you feeling stuffed! My favorite cake to make.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk (I use skim, but you can use what you like)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (I use fat-free, but you choose)
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups of chopped pecans (I toast them for a few minutes-which is optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cake mix as directed on box (do not overbeat).
- Bake in three layers (approximately 20 minutes) in greased and floured pans.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Mix the pudding and milk together until it starts to thicken. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Add the nuts and vanilla.
- Frost the cake This makes a lot of icing so be generous between the layers and icing the cake. Store in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION