1/2 Photos of Healthy Oat and Apricot Breakfast Bars
These make a great good-for-you breakfast! I think it would also work well to double or triple it, freeze the bars individually, and grab them on your way out the door for inclusion in lunch or breakfast on the road.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick oats
- 15 pieces dried apricot halves, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute (you could use two eggs for this if you don't have FF egg sub)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, oats, apricots and sunflower seeds.
- 4Whisk together margarine and egg substitute.
- 5Quickly mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- 6Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 7Bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 8Cool completely before cutting into 8 rectangles.
- 9Yields 1 bar per serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Oat and Apricot Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 90.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g