These make a great good-for-you breakfast! I think it would also work well to double or triple it, freeze the bars individually, and grab them on your way out the door for inclusion in lunch or breakfast on the road.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unpacked brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick oats
- 15 pieces dried apricot halves, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute (you could use two eggs for this if you don't have FF egg sub)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, oats, apricots and sunflower seeds.
- Whisk together margarine and egg substitute.
- Quickly mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 8 rectangles.
- Yields 1 bar per serving.