Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, healthy, and tasty! My husband and I use the Magic Bullet salsa recipe to make our own fresh salsa for this recipe, we think it makes it taste so much better! I found this recipe in Health Magazine. Enjoy!
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml bottled salsa (or fresh, see below)
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 0 ripe avocado, cubed
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- magic bullet seven-second salsa (note ( this yeilds more salsa than needed for the chicken recipe)
- 0 onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 0 jalapeno pepper
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 cup) or 1 tomatoes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 1 small sprigs cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Prepare salsa in magic bullet; set aside.
- Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
This was very tasty and easy to throw together. I really liked using dijon mustard with salsa. I used my own salsa recipe and served with rice.