1/1 Photo of Healthy Mexicali Chicken
Easy, healthy, and tasty! My husband and I use the Magic Bullet salsa recipe to make our own fresh salsa for this recipe, we think it makes it taste so much better! I found this recipe in Health Magazine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml bottled salsa (or fresh, see below)
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 0 ripe avocado, cubed
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- magic bullet seven-second salsa (note ( this yeilds more salsa than needed for the chicken recipe)
- 0 onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 0 jalapeno pepper
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 cup) or 1 tomato (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 1 small sprigs cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare salsa in magic bullet; set aside.
- 2Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- 3Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- 4Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- 5Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Mexicali Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 313.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.5 g