1/3 Photos of Healthy Low-Fat Banana Zucchini Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This bread is a combination of zucchini and banana bread, and it is a wonderful way to use up old bananas and dip into that summer harvest of zucchini. The bread tastes more like banana bread than zucchini bread, but it has the added nutritional benefits of vegetables. This bread is lower in fat that the standard banana/zucchini bread because applesauce replaces some of the oil in the recipe. Still using some oil, however, will prevent the bread from getting rubbery. Experiment by using pumpkin instead of bananas during the autumn months or by adding walnuts and dates! This recipe makes 2 loaves. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (Quaker Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs (or Egg Beaters to cut some calories)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed (the riper, the sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup raisins (or dates or walnuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Whisk together white flour, wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4Add the sugar, oil, applesauce, and mashed bananas to the eggs; mix well.
- 5Add the vanilla.
- 6Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Stir until just combined.
- 7Fold in the zucchini and raisins.
- 8Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans (9x5-inch).
- 9Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Fat Banana Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g