Recipe by guamswhitest
I must admit that I'm one of those health food obsessed people, so I concocted this little recipe when craving a breakfast muffin to help me get energized before a workout. Enjoy!
Top Review by The Southern Belle
Awesomee recipe! The muffins turned out great and they're made with my favorite cereal (GoLean Crunch)! I couldn't have asked for a better, healthier muffin recipe! Will definatly make again! Thanks soo much! =)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour (can use all purpose)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups Kashi Golean cereal (If you don't have this cereal, any bran flake cereal will do fine)
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and put aside.
- Drain peaches and reserve 1/3 cup of syrup and then puree in a blender, until smooth.
- Whisk the peach puree, sugar, egg substitute and oil.
- Add Kashi cereal and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Add muffin mixture to muffin pan, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.