These are easy to make! and healthy for you too (small amount of butter & sugar), but still so very sweet and wholesome. The cookies are chewy and go great with any other add-ins (raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.) Courtesy of FoodNetwork.com
- 44.37 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour (all-purpose is good too)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml rolled oats (aka oatmeal)
- chopped dates (optional) or figs (optional) or raisins (optional) or currants (optional) or chocolate chips (optional) or chopped nuts, etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience :]).
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Add any additional ingredients you've chosen.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.