Recipe by Tracy K
Really good for breakfast, either in a bowl with milk, or sprinkled over yogurt! This recipe makes a TON, so halve it unless you have a large family or lots of granola-eating friends.
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup natural all-bran cereal (like All-Bran or Fiber One)
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower seeds or 1 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit, of your choice (cranberries or cherries are really good!)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour oil over dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add (according to taste) ½- 1 c. honey and stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture over 2 small or 1 large cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Stir and bake another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before storing in a covered container or plastic bags.
- Keep in refrigerator.