Recipe by WaterMelon
Yummy, mouthwatering muffins that are healthy for you! You can also substitute other fruits for the blueberries; i've tried pineapple chunks and raisins.
Top Review by I love spicy food
Wow! so moist and delicous. they don't even taste like "healthy" muffins. i loved that there was almost no sugar in them. can not wait to make again and will double the recipe and freeze a bunch.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or other vege oil)
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh/frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside, or use muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Drain peaches and reserve 1/3 cup of syrup.
- Puree peaches and reserved syrup in a blender, until smooth.
- Whisk the peach puree, sugar, egg substitute and oil.
- Add Bran Flakes and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 mins, or until toothpick test shows doneness.
- Serve warm.