1/1 Photo of Healthy Fruit Muffins
Yummy, mouthwatering muffins that are healthy for you! You can also substitute other fruits for the blueberries; i've tried pineapple chunks and raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, undrained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or other vege oil)
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh/frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Spray a 12-muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside, or use muffin liners.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Drain peaches and reserve 1/3 cup of syrup.
- 6Puree peaches and reserved syrup in a blender, until smooth.
- 7Whisk the peach puree, sugar, egg substitute and oil.
- 8Add Bran Flakes and mix well.
- 9Add flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 10DO NOT OVERMIX!
- 11Gently fold in blueberries.
- 12Divide batter among the muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- 13Bake for 20 mins, or until toothpick test shows doneness.
- 14Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Fruit Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1095 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 371.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g