Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, mouthwatering muffins that are healthy for you! You can also substitute other fruits for the blueberries; i've tried pineapple chunks and raisins.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or other vege oil)
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh/frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside, or use muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Drain peaches and reserve 1/3 cup of syrup.
- Puree peaches and reserved syrup in a blender, until smooth.
- Whisk the peach puree, sugar, egg substitute and oil.
- Add Bran Flakes and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 mins, or until toothpick test shows doneness.
- Serve warm.
Wow! so moist and delicous. they don't even taste like "healthy" muffins. i loved that there was almost no sugar in them. can not wait to make again and will double the recipe and freeze a bunch.
Very healthy muffins. but the kids don't like it because they prefer sweeter food. i added up the amount of sugar to 1 cup and it is a bit sweeter than before. the amount of the sugar also depends how sweet the canned peaches are. Friends like it and will make again.
Usually 'healthy' muffins taste like sawdust....These have great flavour and are moist.Sub 1/2 whole wheat flour and cut back on oil. Already gave recipe to neighbour! Thanks...