Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is super simple, and it is healthier than regular fries.
Make and share this Healthy Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Place potato strips and mushrooms into a large bowl.
- Add onion soup mix and a dash of vanilla to taste.
- Add just enough olive oil to moisten the soup mix so that it adheres to the potatoes.
- Stir until soup mix is well distributed.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Arrange potato/mushroom mix into one layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are a golden brown.
- Longer, depending on how crispy you want them.
- Option: Add zucchini strips or other vegetables as you see fit.
I was a bit skeptical about the vanilla BUT this came out fantastic! Will be a regular Healthy Fries maker from now on! Fresca
Superb recipe! I was a little sceptic about the vanilla, especially since my dash is a VERY healthy dash (and I use my own homemade, majorly alcoholic Ruth's Homemade Vanilla Extract), but I threw caution (and potatoes) to the wind and went ahead and added some to the mix. I also used an onion soup mix that doesn't have any MSG in it. Didn't have any shitake shroom so I just used some beautiful, whole champignon. I also pre-cooked the potatoes and sweet potatoes in the microwave, it's what we've always done and works for us. Excellent flavor, will absolutely do this again with many experimental veggies. Next on the list are carrots and fennel bulbs!