Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Full of Fiber, Omega 3 from the Nuts, Low Sugar and Low Fat . BUT Very DELICIOUS!
- 2 cups all purpose wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar substitute, baking splenda
- 1⁄2 cup packed sugar substitute, brown sugar slenda
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 2 oranges, squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup apple, sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) bagof cran raisins or 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- brown sugar, splenda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup of crushed pecans
- Preheat Oven to 350* and then spray a 12 count muffin pan with a nonstick spray.
- Soak CranRaisens in the Orange juice and set aside.
- Sift Wheat flour with the salt, soda. cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add the Orange zest and the Powdered jello to the Flour mixture and set aside.
- Cream the Sugars and the Egg substitute until sugar is dissolved then add applesauce & cranberry sauce and mix well.
- Next add the soaked cranraisens to the egg mixture then add the chopped nuts.
- Gently add the dry mix to the wet mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the muffin pans leaving enough room for the topping.
- mix the topping ingredients, ( thats a 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar Splenda) and sprinkle over the muffins before baking.
- Bake Muffins for 18 to 20 minutes depending on your oven. When muffins are done you will need to bake the last 6 muffins making the total of 18.
- These muffins will be Dense and Hearty they will FILL you. If you wish you can use 1 cup of regular All purpose flour & 1 cup of the Wheat flour and you'll get a slightly lighter muffin.