Recipe by Sharon123
Almond butter, brown rice crisps, raisins and agave nectar give this classic treat a healthier update. This yummy recipe comes from Whole Foods.
- 4 cups puffed brown crisp rice cereal
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (or currants or craisins)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth almond butter (or try peanut, cashew, or hazelnut butter)
- 5 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or maple syrup or brown rice syrup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cereal and raisins in a large mixing bowl. Heat almond butter, agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon, and ground flax seed. Whisk and stir over medium low heat until the whole thing melds together and looks like caramel. Remove from heat. Pour over cereal and raisins and stir until completely coated(every little bit).
- Spray a 7 x 11 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer the cereal mixture to the baking pan. Press it down with wet fingers to even out the top.
- Chill for an hour before cutting into squares. Keep chilled between servings.