Almond butter, brown rice crisps, raisins and agave nectar give this classic treat a healthier update. This yummy recipe comes from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups puffed brown crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup raisins (or currants or craisins)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (or try peanut, cashew, or hazelnut butter)
- 5 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or maple syrup or brown rice syrup)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1Place cereal and raisins in a large mixing bowl. Heat almond butter, agave nectar, vanilla, cinnamon, and ground flax seed. Whisk and stir over medium low heat until the whole thing melds together and looks like caramel. Remove from heat. Pour over cereal and raisins and stir until completely coated(every little bit).
- 2Spray a 7 x 11 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer the cereal mixture to the baking pan. Press it down with wet fingers to even out the top.
- 3Chill for an hour before cutting into squares. Keep chilled between servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Crispy Rice Treats
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smooth almond butter