Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper and salt.
- In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Add lime juice to honey and stir.
- Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or other relatively flat dish.
- Take each shrimp and first dip it into cornstarch mixture then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
- Then place on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.
Fantastic!! It's a little pokey to dip/coat all the shrimp, but totally worth it. Completely delicious - thanks for a great recipe!!
I am sorry to give a low review, especially after seeing that several others had great success with this recipe. Coconut Shrimp is normally a favorite dish in my house, so I was eager to try this healthier baked version. I had trouble getting the coconut to stick properly and I also ran out of coconut before I was even halfway through dipping the shrimp. The recipe only calls for 1 cup for 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp. I checked the shrimp at the 10 minute mark and they were already getting a bit too dark, so I pulled them out. The shrimp themselves were cooked nicely, but the flavor of the coating just didn't work out for us.