Recipe by ElleFirebrand
Easy to whip up and relatively healthy.
Top Review by trekmommy
I really wanted to like this recipe, but it was rather a poor use of good ingredients in my mind. Followed the recipe exactly save for omitting the almonds per the 8-year-old and it baked up bland with a rather gummy texture. Adding insult to injury, the muffins came out positively welded to the paper cup liners! If it were tastier I would try it again with no liners, but I think I'll move on.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Mash together banana and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add melted butter, eggs and milk and vanilla. Beat together until well blended.
- Stir flour into wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 full and bake 18-22 minutes, or until done.