1/2 Photos of Healthy Carrot Cake (Except the Frosting!)
1 hr 30 mins
This is a yummy carrot cake that is delicious. I got the recipe from the Jack LaLanne's power juicer cookbook and use my juicer to make the carrot and apple pulp needed. I completely take away all healthy aspects of this carrot cake by slathering it with icing. The cake itself is a little dry - but the icing makes if perfect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix together apple pulp, carrot pulp and oil.
- 3Add in the honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- 4In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix in with the wet ingredients.
- 5Stir in walnuts.
- 6Grease 2 round cake pans. Put half the mixture in each pan.
- 7Bake for about 1 hour. I always check on mine after about 45 minutes.
- 8Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Take cakes out of pan and onto a cooling rack until almost all the way cooled off.
- 9Put one cake upside down on a plate. Cover with frosting. Put the other cake right side up on top of the upside down one. Cover the entire cake (top and sides) with frosting.
- 10I usually put aside a small part of the frosting and color part of it orange and part of it green with food coloring and make carrots on the top of the cake (as best I can - my artistic talents are extremely limited!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Carrot Cake (Except the Frosting!)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 427.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g