1/1 Photo of Healthy Broccoli, White Bean & Cheddar Soup
I found this recipe on eatingwell.com, and it is SO delicious!! I paired it with a grilled cheese (on light bread w/ FF cheese, of course!) and an apple, and it made for a perfectly satisfying and filling lunch. The original recipe called for shredded sharp cheddar, but I subbed in fat free shredded cheddar to cut down on fat & calories. Also, the recipe originally made 6 1-cup servings. However, since I used fat free cheese, I changed the servings to 4 1.5-cup servings without changing the calories per serving very much at all...but you can do what fits you best :).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring broth and water to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan over high heat.
- 2Add broccoli, and cook until tender (about 8 minutes).
- 3Stir in beans, and continue to cook until warmed through (about 1 minute).
- 4Add half of the mixture to a blender (or food processor) along with half of the cheese and puree.
- 5Repeat with the other half of the mixture and cheese.
- 6Serve warm & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Broccoli, White Bean & Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 332.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
fat-free cheddar cheese