Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a healthier, high-fiber version of banana tea bread... compromises a little with texture but not with taste. Also freezes well. Each loaf yields about 9-10 pieces.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 5 small (3"X6" or so) pans.
- Cream the shortening, sugar, and 2 eggs until very light and fluffy.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder and soda, and salt).
- Add the Splenda, applesauce and other 2 eggs to the shortening. Mix well, then add the mashed bananas and flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.