Recipe by internetnut
My family really enjoyed these cookies. They are so sweet and have a great banana flavor. When I made these cookies I added 1/2 more banana to use it up. I also added a scoop of protein powder to the cookie mix. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipes.
Top Review by Stir crazy
Recipe I have includes 1 tsp. cinnamon which I think makes the first couple of bites taste more like an apple pie than a banana cookie. Use dried cranberries along with any other dried fruit I want to toss in to equal close to 1 cup of fruit. Next time I'll try adding mini-chocolate chips and nuts. I've had to watch the bake time as well. Definitely watch the bake time for the first batch. At 20 minutes my oven tends to darken the bottom of the cookies quite a bit.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup dates (I sometimes use raisins also)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mash the bananas, stir in oats, dates, oil and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Drop by tspfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven).
- In combining the ingredients, I personally use my food processor. I just toss everything in and let it mix.