Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe REALLY made 12 muffins and they're only 125 calories a piece, not to mention, they taste great.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (i used skim)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (i used 4 packages of Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (i used a little nutmeg and 1/4 t cinnamon)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (i added, but it's optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or paper line muffin cups (i sprayed).
- Combine cereal, bananas, milk, egg and oil in bowl; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes; stir to break up cereal.
- Combine flour, sugar (sweetner), baking powder, baking soda, spices and nuts (if using) in separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture all at once to cereal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Divide evenly among prepared muffin cups, which comes to about a heaping tablespoon per muffin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm (room temp is OK too).