This recipe REALLY made 12 muffins and they're only 125 calories a piece, not to mention, they taste great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup milk (i used skim)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (i used 4 packages of Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (i used a little nutmeg and 1/4 t cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (i added, but it's optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or paper line muffin cups (i sprayed).
- 2Combine cereal, bananas, milk, egg and oil in bowl; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes; stir to break up cereal.
- 3Combine flour, sugar (sweetner), baking powder, baking soda, spices and nuts (if using) in separate bowl.
- 4Add flour mixture all at once to cereal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 5Divide evenly among prepared muffin cups, which comes to about a heaping tablespoon per muffin.
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Serve warm (room temp is OK too).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Banana Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g