Recipe by Travel Princess
Like the other recipes here, but a healthier option. My "pop" made this at Christmas when all us steps got together and we had a houseful! I think he doubled the recipe. Add your own milk when served or eat as is...
- 2 cups uncooked thick cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and refrigerate overnight (nuts are optional).
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the milk, applesauce, butter and egg.
- Add milk mixture to the oat mixture: stir well.
- Pour into an 8 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Add more milk, approximately 1/2 cup in the morning. Bake at 375*.
- for 60 minutes. Serve warm.
- 5- 2/3cup servings.