Prep 6 hrs
Cook 55 mins
A Healthier version of an old recipe.
- 24 reduced fat chocolate nilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups crumbs)
- 1⁄2 unsweetened applesauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix wafer crumbs and margarine until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of pan; set aside.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1/2 cup of the sour cream, the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, flour and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minute or until center is almost set. Run knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- MIX remaining 3/4 cup sour cream and the powdered sugar. Serve spooned over cheesecake. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.