Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love Stroganoff but it's so fattening. I took Bri22's fantastic recipe and tried to keep the flavour while making it a bit better for you. I love it and my guinea pigs (guests) were asking for seconds. Note: I always sauté with olive oil but you could use butter too. I also put extra sour cream on the table for anyone who likes theirs creamier.
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp of pre-minced garlic from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag whole wheat egg noodles, cooked
- Lightly sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Stir in ground beef and brown.
- Stir in flour, salt, mushrooms and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes before stirring in soup. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve over noodles.