Recipe by ellie3763
from "whole family fare" - http://wholefamilyfare.blogspot.com/2010/05/banana-oat-cupcake.html
- 768.91 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml turbinado sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml buttermilk (or regular whole milk)
- 59.14 ml sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 453.59 g cream cheese
- 29.58 ml pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- Place 2 cups of the rolled oats in a food processor. Process for a few minutes (until it resembles oat flour).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the processed oats, remaining 1 1/4 cups rolled oats, turbinado, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, yogurt, buttermilk, sunflower oil, egg and vanilla.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to over mix. Let the batter sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Scoop, by the 1/4 cupful into baking cups. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool complete before icing.
- Whip 16 oz. of plain cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Add more according to taste. Spread a tablespoon of icing on each cooled cupcake.