Not a clue where I got this recipe. It makes for a nice change of pace and goes well with either chicken or fish.
- Add the rice to the broth, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for 50 minutes.
- Allow the rice to sit covered for 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost done, cook the carrot and zucchini in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add sunflower kernnels, almonds and pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the almonds are browned.
- Add rice and parsley; stir until heated.