Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a simple, yet elegant dessert, suitable for the summertime when fuss is kept to a minimum.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Toast nuts on baking sheet until fragrant and browned, 15-20 minutes. Rub nuts in kitchen towel to remove as much skin as possible.
- Process nuts and cornmeal in food processor until very finely ground, about 2 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and mix until blended. Mix in nut mixture, then gently stir in flour with rubber spatula.
- Beat egg whites in clean bowl until stiff peaks form (but not too dry). Add 1/3 of the whites to batter and gently fold with spatula to lighten batter. Add remaining egg whites and gently fold until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- When ready to serve, invert cake onto platter. Slice and serve with fresh raspberries.