Hazelnut Crusted Shrimp Italiano
- On a plate,mix flour, parmesan, hazelnuts, salt and cayenne together (I use a pie plate).
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Dip shrimp in egg wash, then into flour mix being sure to coat well; shake off any excess.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil.
- Fry shrimp until just done, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- In same skillet, saute tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and garlic until mushrooms start to wilt (about 5 minutes).
- Add white wine and basil.
- Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Place cooked linguini in a large bowl.
- Toss in tomato mixture.
- Top with shrimp.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and more basil if desired.