- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (As much or little as you like)
- 1 lb shrimp, fully peeled & deveined
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 medium onion (Red preferably, but any kind will do)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tsp water (Combined to thicken sauce at the end)
- fettuccine or linguine
- Put 1/2 cup of Minced garlic into a mortar and pestal. Drizzle some of the 1/4 cup of Olive oil over the garlic and crush up the garlic in the oil. Then stir in the rest of the oil and add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over shrimp and toss well. Refrigerate while you continue on.
- Cut broccoli crown down to small flowerettes. Chop Onion into decent sized pieces. Slice mushrooms (Or open can and drain if you must).
- Melt a stick of butter in a large saute pan over med-high heat. Add 2 TBSP of minced garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Add oregano. Saute until onions wilt. Add shrimp & garlic mixture and saute until shrimp turns pink. Add Wine and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce. Stir well. Turn down heat to low and add broccoli. Cover for 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Serve over Pasta along with garlic bread.
Join The Conversation