- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup nutella (1/3 cup for cookies 1/3 cup for dizzle)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup hazelnuts (measured ground and toasted)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons milk (2-3 tsp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, 1/3 cup nutella and vanilla.
- In seperate bowl whisk to combine flour and baking soda and toasted hazlenuts(grind the hazelnuts and toast them in a frying pan on medium low heat stirring constanly about 10 minutes, cool).
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar.
- Add chocolate chips, careful not to over mix.
- Measure one tablespoon of dough (flaten just a little) on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for one minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled make drizzle for the top. Combine the remaining 1/3 cup nutella with 2-3 tsp of milk over simmering water (double boiler).
- I used a plastic ziplock bag and poked a hole in one corner with a toothpick, Squeeze a zig zag design on top. Cool completely.
- Can be stored in a air tight container, with wax paper between layers and frozen.