Recipe by Whisper
This is a very tasty dish served over rice or very thin noodles. You can add tofu for a complete meal, or serve as a side dish. From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (plus 1 tsp cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (plus 1 tsp)
- 1 cup onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small flowerets
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chinese cabbage, coarsely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients (first 6 ingredients, up to and including sugar).
- Mix until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, green pepper, and carrots.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly with a tossing motion.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, and water chestnuts.
- Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until broccoli is bright green.
- Add mushrooms and cabbage.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir sauce and add to vegetables.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are glazed, about 1 minute.