Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my favorite comfort foods. You can omit the pineapple, if you'd like.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Brown meat,onions,green pepper and mushrooms.When done add the sugar.Drain meat before adding sugar if necessary.
- Add pineapple.
- Cook pasta about 5 minutes or so.Not all the way through.Drain.Do not rinse.
- In a separate bowl,combine gravy and soy sauce.
- Mix all together.Put in covered casserole (Pam it,if you like)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
I omitted the mushrooms, used crushed pineapple and instead of 4 cans of gravy, I used a large jar of beef and mushroom gravy along with a can of Campbells beef consomme. Also added a splash of Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, and some water chestnuts. My DH loved it and couldn't believe he liked it so much after I began rattling off all the ingredients. We've made this several times and it's become an easy quick dinner during the workweek.
Great pantry recipe. I used 1-1/2 lbs gr. beef, 2 cups of gravy, omitted the mushrooms and used crushed pineapple. We couldn't taste the pineapple though. Very tasty!
I used white gravy instead of beef gravy.There is a lot of sodium in the beef gravy. I also used 1/4 cup soy sauce Kikkomen, the drained cold pineapple juice thickened with a little cornstarch and added to the pasta. Before serving I plucked the pineapple chunks out and served separately.I also used ground turkey. This was very good. By serving the pineapple seprately, everyone could enjoy the dish and flavor. Thanks for posting!