photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cream brown sugar and butter thoroughly.
- Add eggs and molasses and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients and water/soda to mixing bowl alternately, mixing well with each addition.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I enjoy the smell of baking, but one of the things I REALLY ENJOY is the smell of gingerbread baking! Followed your recipe right on through, & the resulting gingerbread was OUTSTANDING! Cinnamon, ginger, molasses = Wonderful! Certainly want to keep this recipe around! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Potluck Tag cooking game]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Julie, and I love to cook. I've even gotten to the point where I don't mind the dishes!