Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from an old issue of Taste of Home. It is really simple, has only 5 ingredients (I'm not even sure if you can count the 1 tablespoon of sugar as an ingredient!), is ready in 5 minutes, and tastes great. When I am at salad bars, I look for pineapple and cheese and ranch dressing to put on my salad so I can get this yummy taste. Alot of people think this sounds gross until they try it.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 6 -8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine greens, pineapple and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and reserved pineapple juice; mix well.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.