Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a legit recipe for Hawaiian-style macaroni salad. Get yourself "two scoop rice" (white rice), some nice fried chicken or kalua pork, and it's on. Note that cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks and chill.
- Chop egg whites; put into a large bowl with macaroni and potatoes.
- Stir in salt and vinegar; chill overnight.
- Add egg yolks and remaining ingredients; gently mix into macaroni mixture.