Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tropical, very nummy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup well drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup fine chopped flaked coconut
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cream shortening, sugar and extracts well.
- Beat in egg until mixture is fluffy.
- Blend in pineapple and dry ingredients.
- Drop by tsps on ungreased sheet 3" apart.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 325F for about 20 minutes.
- Cookies are better stored for 24 hours.
Delicious. Almost like a macaroon. Very light.
I really liked these. I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great! I will definately be making these again! Thanks for the recipe! :o)