Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Co-worker made this for one of our AM meetings and it was yummy. I asked her for the recipe so that I could make it this week-end and I'm posting it in case I lose it!!
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) king's Hawaiian bread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously coat two 8" round pans with non-stick spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserves evenly into each pan. Sprinkle each pan with equal amounts of coconut and nuts. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of bread to even it out. Slice remaining loaf into 4 equal horizontal layers. Trim edges to remove crust and to make all layers the same diameter. Save trimmings for another use.
- Evenly spread half of the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread. Place in pan, cheese side up. Cover with one slice of bread. Repeat for other pan.
- If bread is higher than the edge of the pan, press down. Cover with foil, bake for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto service plates. Cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix 1 cup powdered sugar with milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over top.