Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
A sweet sauce with chicken and pineapple. Put on top of cooked rice, and it's super duper yummy.
Top Review by smithmom77
This was FANTASTIC. If you are going to make this for freezing, omit the step about dredging the chicken in flour and frying. It ends up being gummy when thawed. Instead, brown the chicken without the flour, pour the sauce on and freeze. Came out even better this way! Will definitely make it again - minus the flour!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (abt 4oz. each)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple slices in juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 large green peppers, cut into large pieces
- 6 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- To make chicken:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet with no-stick spray; heat.
- Meanwhile, coat both sides of chicken with flour, shake off any excess flour.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- To make sauce:.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Add enough water to make 2 1/2 cups of liquid.
- In a medium saucepan, use a wire whisk to stir together the juice mixture, sugar,vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. (to avoid lumps, add a little bit of water to the cornstarch at a time until it is soupy, then add to sauce) Slightly reduce heat and gently boil for 4 minutes.
- Pour half of the mixture over the chicken. Arrange the pineapple slices and green pepper on top. Then pour remaining sauce mixture on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is tender and not pink.
- Serve over rice.
- If freezing, put into separate containers a serving each. Rice then chicken with sauce, make sure you cover the rice or it gets gross with reheat. Freeze, reheat in the microwave for 5 mins on high :).