Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple stir fry meal that is low in calories and high in flavour.
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, frozen & grated
- 2 medium chicken breasts, diced
- 2 -4 bell peppers, diced (green, red or yellow)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Cut vegetables and chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix together water, reserved pineapple juice, chicken bouillon and soya sauce together in a small pot.
- Mix together cornstarch and vinegar in a small bowl or cup.
- Heat oil over medium heat in wok or similar pan. When hot, place chicken into pan. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Once chicken is no longer pink, add onions and ginger. Stir fry for two minutes then add bell peppers and pineapple chunks.
- While vegetables are cooking, Bring pineapple juice mixture to a boil. Slowly pour well mixed vinegar and cornstarch into the Pinapple juice mixture. Reduce heat to medium low, stirring occasionally.
- Poor liquid over vegetables, stir together and serve over hot rice.
- NOTE: If using unsweetened pineapple, add 1 tbsp brown sugar to the mixture or reduce vinegar.