Recipe by Trisha W
Can't you just see the roasting pig with an apple in it's mouth? These pork chops are cooked with apples, raisins and carrots in addition to the usual sweet and sour ingredients of onion, green pepper and pineapple. This tasty pork dish is “to die for.” Serve it over rice and with a salad.
Top Review by Susie D
I left out the apples. (personal preference) I thought the recipe was tasty, but very mild flavor wise. There was plenty of sauce and the pork chops were falling apart tender, andthe vegetables were colorful. I served this on crunchy chow mein noodles. I used an electric skillet to prepare this recipe. Thank you for your RSC entry!
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1 green pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 red onion, cut in squares
- 2 tart apples, pared, cored and cut in chunks
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/4-1/2-inch pieces
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in it's own juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approximately the amount in 1/2 a large lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chops with the green pepper and onion in the olive oil on a high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Salt and pepper to taste, then reduce heat to medium low and top with the apples and carrots.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the top of the chops, apples and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.