Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is an absolutely delicous side dish! I have had soooo many requests for the recipe and it has become one of my very easy, "signature" casseroles. You can make it low-fat by using reduced fat soups and sour cream and it does not hurt the flavor. Great for grilling out in the summer with burgers, etc.
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 850.48 g package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- 56.69 g jar diced pimentos
- 177.44 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine soup, sour cream and pepper in very large bowl. Blend well. Add potatoes, onions, pimientos, and cheeses. Spoon into casserole dish in even layer and sprinkle with a little bit of parm cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 – 1 ¼ hours or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or cool 15-20 minutes.
This is also good made with Cream of Chile Poblano soup. It gives it a slight kick.
This was really good! I accidentally omitted the onions and left the pimentos out on purpose. I made this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. I Will def. keep this one around to use again.
This is standard fare for entertaining, if I don't have it I'm chastised. It is great with any meat, roasted, grilled, broiled, it doesn't matter.