Kelly's Cheese Potato Casserole
I know there are a lot of these, but I do make them a little different. Everyone always asks what I put in them! So here's how I make them. Enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 celery rib, very thinly sliced or chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crush with your fingers
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, can sub club crackers
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- In large bowl combine well everything but the potatoes, crackers and butter.
- Fold in potatoes well.
- Pour into 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Smooth top even and flat.
- Mix crackers and butter and evenly sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in 350º oven for 45 minutes.
- Let set 5-10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this with shredded hash browns since the store was out of the cubed but I don't think it made any difference when it came to the taste. I didn't have any of the Chicken in a Basket crackers so I crushed some Ritz crackers for the top and added a whole small chopped onion, salt and pepper and a little more garlic than was called for. This recipe makes a lot so I have half in the freezer for another meal.
Five humongo stars for our families new favorite potato casserole! Was skeptical this would really be "different" but was proved wrong. Super easy to mix up, baked in time stated. Super, super tasty..just right amounts of all ingredients so they blended nicely, no one ingredient outshines another. I'm not sure that the crackers were really that distinctive, but I think they tasted better than plain old cornflakes. A new favorite- thanks!